Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Beginning

We are still in the New Year celebration period of 2011, and, it feels great that God has brought us into the year as a whole.  As ‘a whole’, I mean my family is complete both in health and number.  Thank God we never lost anybody; I praise God even more for we will lose none!  Sorry if you lost any, as Christians we look forward to the resurrection morning, when we will be united with our loved ones.  This is the hope of the believer.

I am not a person that makes New Year resolutions! I’m sure so many people will be surprised at learning this, but this is what it is!   Alcoholics, smokers and others, who indulge in a certain lifestyle that is dangerous to their health, make resolutions to not indulge in that lifestyle anymore, beginning from January 01.   Let’s face it; you already know that cigarettes and alcohol-may probably kill you.  Why wait until the beginning of the year to quit, when you can quit immediately?

Please don’t misconstrue this; by no means are my advocating that only people with dangerous lifestyles make resolutions, but this is what people do.

I am the type of person who believes that whatsoever that is worth doing, is worth doing – now!  It doesn’t matter what the time of the year, day or hour is, if anything come to my mind and I am serious about the issue, I do my very best to start implementing it.  This is because I believe every time, is a good time, especially if it comes to decisions that only you can take, that affects your life directly.

Let’s not forget that, making resolution or setting business goals is a different stuff altogether.   Setting business goals and target at the beginning of each year or the beginning of ‘your’ business calendar, is a very important thing, because it serves as basis for evaluation.

Business goals and personal goals, go, hand – in – hand.  Whatsoever your personal or business goals are, try to put in health issues as a must, in your goal.  I say this because, as the saying goes “health is wealth.”  Make it a point to stay healthy through exercise and taking the right diet. If you only focus on business, don’t forget you need your – body, mind and soul working together.

So, as you set your goals and make resolutions, have a detailed plan for how you will accomplish your goals. I would also like you to include your spirituality.  Make it a stand point to be closer to God this year.  I say this because I believe it is the best place to be, if you have Jehovah God, you’ve got everything.  Have a great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment