Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to Set Goals And Achieve Success - Tips

Have you ever thought of setting goals, but don’t know how or where to start? You are not alone.  I used to have this problem; thank God it’s a thing of the past now. On the other hand, many people concentrate on making New Year Resolutions and don’t even know where to start from, if this is your case, still you are not alone. Thinking of this, I thought it’s better to share with you my friends, some goal setting tips that work.
In setting goals, let’s bear in mind that there are different types of goals – long and short term goals.  It all depends on what we want.  Goal setting is very important; I can never stress this enough.  When you set goals, “write” them down.  I say this because, it is one of the basis for evaluation, for example, some of my personal goal this year, is to improve my spiritual life/service level with God, and, I intend to make a minimum of US$1,000.00 every month.  I’ve just given you two out of my outlined goals, and I have a written plan of action on how to achieve this.  This means that at the end of every month, I will check my progress to see how I’m doing.  If I’m not achieving my desired results, I will check what I’m doing wrong and where I need to improve my effort.  Enough about me now, let’s do this;
Tips on how to set goals

How do you see yourself: Create a “big picture” of what you want with your life
Split it: Break it/them down into smaller targets that you intend to hit and reach your goals.
Write down your goals: The physical act of writing down a goal makes it tangible and real.  There won’t be an excuse to forget about it.  When you write, use the word "will" instead of "would like to" or "might".
Get into action: Once the plan is set, start working to achieve your goals.
Stay focused: keep the above listed processes going, by reviewing and updating your to do list on a daily basis.  Yes on a daily basis or depending on the type of goal, be it weekly, monthly or yearly goals
Be positive: Be positive about each goal, wear a positive attitude it will help you succeed.
Be precise: Put your goals in time, amounts, etc, so you can measure progress.
Stick with the plan: Be consistent and stay focused
Finally,
Goal setting is an ongoing activity, not just a means to an end.  Build reminders, to keep yourself on track.  Setting of goals, is more than just saying you want something to happen.  You have to understand what you want, why you want it, and how to get it.
It is never too late to set your goals, and achieve success.  We are still in February (yes beginning of the year) it shouldn’t necessary be January, don’t assume you have missed the train because this is not January, and, remember, nothing is really impossible. 
What goals will you decide to accomplish today?

No comments:

Post a Comment